Heyyyy, I hope you’re okay and are keeping safe. I’m enjoying ‘receiving’ these awards because they’re helping me get a better understanding of other bloggers taking part, and myself as well.
This one is the Real Neat Blog Award which was started by Petrel41 in 2014. I’m elated to have been nominated by Kevin. She’s probably one of the most consistent bloggers I know and she keeps a really neat blog. See for yourself here.
- Display the Award Logo.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and post a link to their blog.
- Answer the seven questions of the one who nominated you.
- Nominate bloggers to receive the award and tag/pingback to their blogs.
- Ask them seven new questions.
- What is the best and worst purchase you’ve ever made?
Best purchase? I love buying t-shirts. T-shirts are like an actual love language for me so I’m very particular about the percentage of cotton and the type of cotton used. When I buy a T-shirt and everything is on point, from its size, to its texture, to the font of the words printed on it, I consider that a good purchase.
Worst purchase? The one time I bought these really cute flats and when I got home, by sheer bad luck, they’d decided we weren’t fit to be together. So I had to give them out. I still think about them sometimes.
- Who is the latest amazing author you have discovered?
Abi Daré. When I read The Girl with the Louding Voice, I was pleased. It must have taken a great amount of effort to forsake all the ‘good’ English she’s mustered over the years, in order to sound like her determined illiterate young-girl protagonist.
- If you had to change your name, what would your new name be, and why would you choose that name?
My new name would probably be Mrs. Kaluuya Betty for very obvious reasons. 😂😂😂
But seriously though, “what’s in a name?That which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet”
I’m with Romeo’s Juliet on this one; the person you are is of much more importance than whatever name you go by. I’d probably keep my name because even if I were called Elena or Akoth, I’d still be this girl. I’d still love Jesus, pringles and t-shirts.
- What’s your favorite thing about reading?
It’s the easiest way to see different places, meet new people and learn new things without spending much money.
- What are some things that sound like compliments but are actually insults?
“You don’t look like a Jap” or “You don’t resemble other Japs” I’m learning to ask people to explain what they mean by that. Have you met all Japs? What do they look like? What sets me apart from them? What sets them apart from me? Simple questions really.
- What was the last book you purchased?
Aminata by Francis D. Imbuga
- All of the phone numbers have fallen out of your address book,whose number do you look for first and why?
I’d say my parents’, because they’re my day ones. Literally. And no one on earth could ever love me like they do.
But I have their numbers engraved on my mind so I’d probably look for my siblings’ numbers.
For this real neat blog award, I nominate anyone willing to take on the same seven questions. Thank you passing by the blog, feel free to leave a comment. Enjoy the rest of your day. 💛